Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. You may have guessed, based on the daily Tribble cosplay costumes in the month of October. Jay and I have a great time brainstorming ideas and building props and costume pieces to bring them to life.
For those of you who may not be following us on social media, I've compiled all of this month's spooky fun right here. Tell me in the comments what you'd like to see the #TribblesInTrouble dress up as next year!
1. Gorn boulder - We got the ball rolling with this photo which, to be honest, was mostly an opportunity for me to break out my Gorn mask.
2. Spooky spider! - The googly eyes were my favorite touch. We balanced this Tribble on top of our Halloween spider, Leroy, who lives in front of the fireplace in October.
3. King - Okay, so I don't know which one of us thought it was a good idea to make a Tribble king for the day, but there were a lot of commands to fetch some kind of grain.
4. Welder - We put my welding helmet and gloves on a Tribble and used a flashlight to create a welding arc.
5. Dragon - Those wings go on our dog, Moonshine, every Halloween. He generously loaned them to the Tribbles for the day.
6. Mugatu, Mugato, Gumato - Whatever they're called, they make great Tribble copslay characters! TOS-inspired costume days are my favorite days.
7. Gourden gnome - I grew all of the little gourds in the photo. We couldn't resist nestling a grumpy Tribble gnome in among them.
8. Snowman - Okay, we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves, but they stack so well!
9. Croc-odile - I know, I know. It's a terrible pun, but we got a good chuckle out of it.
10. Scientist - Do you think Starfleet Command will accept this little guy into their ranks?
11. Balok - I hope you relish this one as much as I.
12. Monopoly man - Do you think there's gold-pressed latinum in that money bag?
13. Cupcake - That's a big cupcake! This Halloween treat is 14" across.
14. Bakers - At least we know now where the giant cupcake came from. We posted this image with a TOS quote: "Aye, they're into the machinery!"
15. Taurean - Our Galileo shuttlecraft came under attack. I told Jay it wasn't a good idea to weaponize the Tribbles.
16. Steve - This Tribble got himself into a little block-based trouble. Good thing Jay made him a diamond sword! Too bad it's made out of foam.
17. Soccer ball - We'd been kicking around this idea for a bit.
18. Avocado - We looked up Halloween pet costumes on the internet for inspiration. Apparently avocados are very popular this year.
19. Andorian - We're hoping there isn't a transmitter inside one of those antennae!
20. Wednesday - Now here's a Tribble you don't want to cross.
21. Cow - That cowbell actually came from a cow kept by a member of my family a few generations back. But the milk jug is a Starbucks bottle.
22. Shepherd - Do you want to tell the Tribble that's not a sheep, or should I?
23. Pumpkin patch - We gathered stems that had fallen off pumpkins at our local pumpkin patch for this one.
24. Incognito - We couldn't find the Tribbles to take their photo on this day. They must have disguised themselves to escape our attention.
25. This Tribble is 🔥.
26. Galt - We poked a little fun at our friend Dan Davidson of the Trek Geeks Podcast Network (with his permission) with this who wore it better #TrekTuesday Tribble cosplay. The jury's still out.
27. Ninja Turtle - This Tribble donned a ninja turtle-inspired mask to announce that we will be at Rhode Island Comic Con this year. We hope to see some of you there!
28. Thor - Did you know the days of the week are named after Norse gods? We posted this marvel on a Thorsday.
29. Ball of yarn - The 29th of October is National Cat Day. The Tribbles wanted to help celebrate.
30. Vampire Cloud Victim - I'm a little obsessed with this re-creation of a moment from a TOS episode.
31. Monster under the bed - Is it just me or are the monsters a little less scary this year? For the record, that comforter has sharks all over it. Jay loves sharks.
Be sure to post in the comments which costumes you want to see next year!
Tribbles are a pest in the galaxy. Disintegration on sight.
What a challenge it is to create 31 unique Hallowe’en costumes for the Tribbles! You, two, are out-of-this-world creative!!!