Trouble with your Tribble?
Answers to common app-related questions.
You can play with your Tribble without the app by using the Mode button on the electronics box to change modes.
For further assistance, contact us at email@example.com
At Ease: Your Tribble is not searching for Klingons. It will trill and vibrate to acknowledge you when you interact with it. When left alone, your Tribble will continue to trill, but will do so less frequently to avoid irritating its human companion.
On Duty: Your Tribble will begin actively seeking Klingon agents. Pass it around to determine who is an ally, and who is an enemy among us. Each time you move it, your Tribble will either trill or scream.
Watchdog: Starfleet is entrusting you with sensitive Federation intelligence, which must be secured at all times. If you must leave data unattended, set your Tribble on top of the object that you wish to protect. If a Klingon agent attempts to retrieve that object, your Tribble will alert you! Your Tribble will scream every time it is moved.
This video demonstrates how to pair your Tribble and play with it using the Section K-7 app:
Things to try when you are having trouble adding a new Tribble to the app.
1. Make sure that Bluetooth® is enabled on your smart device.
2. Make sure that the app has permission to access Bluetooth and location. Even though the app does not collect and/or transmit ANY personal information, Android requires location to be enabled in order to use Bluetooth.
3. Make sure that you are attempting to pair from the app, and not from the Bluetooth menu on your device.
4. Make sure that you do not have the app open on another device.
5. Try restarting the app and the Tribble.
6. If a previously-paired Tribble won't connect:
- Try holding down the mode button on the Tribble electronics box until the blue light flashes to enter pairing mode manually.
- If your Tribble still won't connect, delete the Tribble from the app and re-pair it as a new Tribble.
Pairing vs. Connecting
Reasons a previously-paired Tribble may not be responding to the app.
In order for the app to talk to your Tribble, it must be both paired and connected to the Tribble.
Pairing is when you initially add the Tribble to the app.
Connecting happens each time you re-open the app, turn the Tribble on after it has been off, or wake the Tribble up after it has gone to sleep.
To see if your Tribble is connected, check that the square grey box next to your Tribble's name on the Assignments Page (the page with the mode buttons) has an X in it. If the box is not checked then your Tribble is not connected. Tap the name of your Tribble to connect it. It will blink until it connects, at which point an X will appear in the box.
You can control more than one Tribble at a time by having multiple Tribbles connected. When this happens, both Tribbles will respond when you change modes or hit the attack button.
You can have multiple Tribbles paired, but control one at a time by only having one Tribble connected when you change it's mode or hit the attack button.
This image shows what the X looks like in the box next to a paired Tribble when that Tribble is connected. The app can now communicate with that Tribble.
Changing Volume and Vibration
Tribbles return to default settings each time they are physically turned off using the switch on the electronics box, and when they receive new batteries.
Before you can change the volume and/or the vibration setting for your Tribble, it must be both paired and connected.
If the box next to the Tribble is not checked on the Assignments page, the volume and vibrations sliders will not slide. This tells you that the Tribble is not connected and therefore cannot receive settings information.
To adjust volume and vibration:
1. If this is a new Tribble, pair it to the app (see Pairing).
2. Make sure the Tribble is connected by checking that the box next to it is checked with an X inside it (see Pairing vs. Connecting).
3. Tap the Settings button.
4. Tap the Edit button next to the name of the Tribble whose volume and/or vibration you want to adjust.
5. Use the sliders to set the volume and vibration levels.
This image shows the pop-up to edit your Tribble's name, select its color, and set its volume and vibration levels. The Tribble must be connected to set volume and vibration. Otherwise, the sliders will not move.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Science Division LLC is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.